Tuesday 30 October 2012

Unit 7 & 8: Narrative & Character - Time Management (Part 2)

Hello Team!!,

Just thought I would get a draft of the time management scheme on here for all of us to marvel at. Remember none of this is iron clad... its just a rough outline so we have a little room in the end if we need it do redo things. There may be a small discussion we have tomorrow about some tasks at hand which we need to delegate which I have planned out to a certain degree.

Now I am fully aware of the production pipeline I (Stitch) handle everything and anything character based from the textures to the final rig. While the girls (Anita & Lydia) handle the environments and effects if any. We will be coming together for the animation tasks even if its working on scenes individually and delegating those. Post however is something we have yet to discuss here...


I figured the sound would not be such a domineering aspect but I know that I am handling the Art of stuff so I may have to break from some of the post tasks so I can get us a grade A production booklet something which doesn't happen in a day possibly 2-3 max. So it could be I break away towards the end of the compositing and editing phase... only to rejoin you (Ladies) for the sound phase and the final film effects (In AE).


Now that we are past weeks 1 - 5 I think we are doing well with still quite a bit of room for the odd malfunction (which inevitably always happens). Personally ill be happy if I'm not up all night on the last night before the Crit... I didn't plan for this kind of bleed last year so this year It would be nice to be a week or so ahead of schedule leaving room for screw ups. So far though I have to say I think we are doing great... and I'm feeling confident in our transition approaches also...


I would just like to reiterate the point that if theres anything any of you get stuck on or need advice on please get in touch with me... I may have a solution or w/e... even if something is just repeatedly kicking your butt.  We are a good team in the fact that we can be honest with each other that's something Ive appreciated from minute one... And I'm glad I got over my initial anger monkeys... I haven't turned green yet so I must be over it lol!


Now as things go forward we just have to stay ahead of the game... I know we are being pulled in about 30 different directions but never the less you are all doing an exceptional job. I have also arranged it so the weeks we are working on animation that I come in every day so we can get these stages sorted together. The same with composition but the days when I am working on the Art of I will probably be at home looking to knock it out as quick as possible and get moving with other things...


Okay ladies I hope this post has clarified a few things and put some minds at ease... I will take this moment to mention to you that we still have to be able to communicate to Alan just who Charles is... I still think our closest link is Oliver... Orphan boy. Never the less we need the influence map up just so Alan gets the picture here and maybe even a video if anybody has time to locate one... Just a little more research from each of us here...

Well I think that concludes this little update, not just for the world out there but for our little in house Smoke Stack Company ;). Btw!! I wanted to ask... Do any of you guys want a Smokestack T-Shirt? I was thinking of ordering them at some point... Please let me know & Ill order 3 but I will need to get money for it... I'm not rolling in cash over here lol I think it would be a laugh...

Anyway your call - Laters!!

xXStItChXx

No comments:

Post a Comment